Monday, June 23, 2014

At last...The kitchen sink is out!

We have been avoiding going in what was the kitchen....but back in May the time came to fix it!

Last year I spent a few days destroying the old but usable kitchen trying to remove the concrete sink, with no luck! , I left it looking like this......
After last years smashing...It used to be a kitchen....

This year I wasn't giving in, massive hammer and the visor from the strimmer and I set to work.......

It only took about 30 minutes and I could see It was going to move....when, I wasn't sure!

The trick seemed to be to smash the concrete off the wire frame, at first this worked and then it wouldn't smash any more, I put a big crowbar behind the sink and managed to pull it off the wall , once on the floor the hammering as easy , 30 minutes later , just over an hour and I had a pile of rubble and a pile of metal rods.
Rubble....
All gone...just needs plastering, Sink gone!
Only needs a days work to put the walls back in and a day to do the rest, then we have a real kitchen at last instead of the caravan one

1 comment:

  1. Vandal, kitchen sink drama! We've just bought a house in a Bulgarian village and we have two of these sinks which we intend to keep, they will come in handy for washing everything from bodies to veg and with the addition of a plastic bowl can even be used for washing up. I'm enjoying your blog though and wonder if your still in Bulgaria.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I am always interested in feedback etc

About Me

My photo
I moved here to Bulgaria around 2012 after getting pd off with the UK! , Bulgaria is much quieter, looks better, less people, houses are better and affordable

Translate